Of late, the itch has returned. To get up and leave, to tell people that enough is enough. Why? This is why:
1. I know that sitting down the whole day is killing me minute by minute. You knew that didn’t you?
2. Deep down inside, I know this is not what I want to do. But I am yet to figure out what it is that I want to do. Maybe when I don’t have a job and have lots of time on my hand, I will drift towards my calling.
3. I want to be my own boss. Is that too much to ask? No, I know. But for that to materialize, I need to stop working for someone else at some point of time.
4. A regular office job means a lot of commitments. I would rather do something that would pay me as long as my work is done, something where the number of hours I put in would not be timed, rather my efforts would be rewarded.
5. More time for friends and family. There are people who need me right this moment and I cannot be with them because of the commitments I’ve made. I just cannot shirk my responsibilities and walk away – neither from those people, nor from my job.
While these are not all the reasons why I want to quit my job, they are clear indicators and things that are at the top of my list.
Do you want to quit your job? Why?