It is creepy. When you sit down and try to make a list of ten things to do before your last breath, you realize that it is going to be a blind shot. You don’t know how much time you have left, you don’t know how many you can tick off off this list you are writing.
I had written a bucket list some time back. I am happy that I have come close to fulfilling more than one of them and that it feels wonderful to be able to see that your dreams can actually come true. This post is because my dear friend wanted me to share the ten things I want to do before I breathe my last. I am purposefully not mentioning the items in my previous list.
- I wish to meet some of those wonderful people whom I have met thanks to this little blog I maintain.
- To make a positive change in a person’s life who is not related to me in any way.
- See my name in print.
- A library inside my home, complete with a nice cozy corner by the window sill to read and lose myself in a book.
- To have the tag of a Dr. before my name.
- Spend at least some time of my life teaching and being with students.
- To see the dreams of my parents’ being fulfilled and their satiated expressions on their faces.
- To take my mom to the place that is close to her heart and one where she yearns to go back to.
- To witness Nirmalya darshan in Guruvayur temple once. (The Nirmalya darshan is the first few minutes of the day when you can see Guruvayurappan – from 3 A.M to 3.20 A.M. The Lord now would still be adorned with the flowers and garlands of the previous night. Its believed that after the night pooja, when the doors are closed, the devas (Gods) come and worship the deity.)
- To close my eyes and take the last breath with the satisfaction that I have done all that I could and that my life is complete.
Latest posts by Bhavya (see all)
- For The Love Of The Beach - April 11, 2018
- Everyday Battle Against Worthlessness | #ishithaa #selflove - March 31, 2018
- Chasing The Elusive Dream - March 12, 2018