This post is in response to the 7x7x7x7 Writing Prompt, over at WriteTribe
What is the 7x7x7x7 Writing Prompt?
- Grab the 7th book from your bookshelf.
- Open it up to page 7.
- Pinpoint the 7th sentence on the page.
- Begin a poem/a piece of prose that begins with that sentence
- Limit it in length to 7 lines/7 sentences.
All excited, I hurried over to the bookshelf at home, and voila! Guess what the 7th book was?
The Colour Purple by Alice Walker, and the 7th sentence? â€œBut I Ainâ€™tâ€
So here goes my attempt.
â€œBut I Ainâ€™tâ€¦..â€
â€œHow many times do I have to tell you not to use words like ainâ€™tâ€¦they are not ever proper English words. Now answer my question before I reach the end of my tether.â€
â€œBut I been speaking English all my life!!â€
â€œAaarghh.. I am not bothered about your language anymore. For Godâ€™s sake please speak proper English and dump this black English. Wherever did you pick it up from!!â€
â€œThe money? I donâ€™t know nothing!â€
Latest posts by Bhavya (see all)
- Taking The First Step #MondayMusings #MicroblogMondays - January 15, 2018
- Resolutions, Really? #WednesdayVerses #Ishithaa - January 10, 2018
- The Year That Was, Adieu 2017! - December 30, 2017